Pages

Saturday, June 7, 2014

Baby's First DIY Crop Top: A Five Minute DIY Tutorial for Summertime

You've caught me, this is not my first crop top. But it could be yours! And it is crop top season. Just kidding, it's always crop top season. Personally, I hope this trend lasts a long time. Like skinny jeans. Anyways, this is mostly a teaser tutorial before I do more DIYs--I ruined a favorite dress of mine and now I'm a bit wary of doing more intense alterations. Let's get started!

First, start with the CLASSIEST t-shirt you can find.

The little fella behind me is my dog's toy. He says hey.

I recommend marking where you'd like the shirt to fall when it's cropped while you have it on, and then laying the shirt out flat on a table.
Like so.
Cut along the line you marked! You could stop here. You could continue. You could do something totally different than what I did next. 

It looks crooked, I swear it's not!
What I did next is cut the neckline to create an elegant scoop neck, so that I could show off my collarbones and be rid of the small stain on this shirt's collar ;)


So elegant.





If you'd like to make your top EVEN FANCIER, you can cut the hems of the sleeves off and roll them:


Et fini.


This tutorial may have been totally useless. That's okay though! Do you have a preferred way to make your DIY crops more interesting?



No comments:

Post a Comment